Tuesday 2 September 2008

Rock On!

I was really excited about this movie since when I saw the trailer during summers. I got more excited when I came to know that Farhan Akhtar had sung 5 songs of the movie and is the lead actor.

Mid-sem 1 ended and me along with most of my wingies rushed to watch the movie at Rave Moti. I cannot explain how did those 3600 seconds passed, while we were waiting for the show to start as we reached there 1 hour ago. I was a bit disappointed to see that only half the theatre was full.

Movie Started after few good and few crappy promos. It started with one of my favourite tracks from the movie 'Socha Hai', but I didn't find it much enthusiastic as I found it while I listened it on my Laptop. There seemed to be no correlation between the proceeding scenes and I got even bored. Till Intermission, me and my friends had lot of fun not because of the movie but because of the jokes we cracked at different dialogues and scenes.

But, one shot at which most of us laughed and enjoyed was the modern veresion of 'Saanson Ki Jaroorat Hai' by MAGIC. It was simply awesome. I mean look at the facial expression of Joe(Arjun Rampal) and KD(Purab Kohli)in that song, it was so original and funny. One more funny scene was the song Jehreelay by that BALD Singer(don't know his name) :P .

After Intermission there was something in the movie which stopped all of us from cracking jokes and watching the movie seriously. The come back by the movie after Intermission was exceptional. It started to grow on. Debby's(Shahana Goswami) performance was so mature. She was perfect for the role. To me it was the best performance by Arjun Rampal. In between came the most funny scene of the movie when Debby congratulated Sakshi(Prachi Desai) and she replied "Oh dikh raha hai?". At last came the competition . When Aditya started the song 'Tum Ho Toh", my whole body shivered. I don't no why. Although the returning of Joe was trivial, but who gives a damn.

After movie ended ,I thought, "Oh! Why did I crack jokes and commented on different dialogues and scenes in the first half"? It was at that point of time, I realized that even first half was awesome but nonetheless I enjoyed the movie.

But there is one person who is surely going to be a superstar after this movie and he truly deserves it is no one else but Farhan Akhtar. He did a tremendous job both as a Singer and Actor. It seemed as if he was made for this role. You gonna ROCK ON Farhan. Love you!

ROCK ON ROCKED TO THE CORE!

And MAGIC was exactly like PARLE MAGIX :P

My Rating- 4.5/5

9 comments:

pavan madhini said...

Everything about the post was good ... the honesty, the feel.



But, why in hell did you have to include that pathetic PJ at the end of it ????


P.S. Farhan Aktar Rocks !!! SRK in his whole lifetime cannot give such a performance.And what a voice Farhan has ...

BOND 007 said...

I included the PJ because I saw a wrapper of Parle MAGIX at the time of writing the blog :P.

Abhishek Pathak said...

directness of the post...applauded..so great a movie..well, I differ.
some other time though,right pratik?

lage raho..doin a good job!

Vinay said...

Dude well written post. [:)]
Every one was spellbound by the last performance of the film. Indeed Farhan Akhtar rocks and so do the movie.
Keep writing, love to see more of your views !!

but please dont spoil the blog by cracking stupid Pj's in the end. I mean everything was so well written except for the last line.
How cud one think of Parle Magix here is beyond my imagination.
Well we all know u have immense potential of cracking all bajar Pj's but just refrain from writing at wrong places.
May be u can write your next post just on Pj's(Howwzat ??) [;)]

BOND 007 said...

@vinay
yaar i have already replied that for pavan..scroll up

@pathak
thanku thanku :)
well i would like to know why do u differ?

Nipun said...

each and every word u said was correct about the movie and ya I agree the best scene was the dandia scene...

Anonymous said...

nice review..you might as well apply to times of india for de saturday review of moviez!!

ritesh said...

The movie was rocking, and so was the music...
The blog, it seemed, was more about your personal experience during that 2:30 hr interval, rather than the movie in general...
Nevertheless, it was neatly written...
(just found out ur blog while searching for something, thought it would be nice to write a comment)

Tamanna A. Shaikh said...

I dont watch movies and I havent watched Rock on either,...but then your description is really intersting...!! :) good job!

Time is Money!

Hits

© Template Modify By Tarun | Trace Me